April 30, 2014

Simeon Kade {Two and a Half}


I haven't updated much on Simeon in a while but there are so many things I want to remember about him at this age.  These are just a few of my favorite things about my favorite two and a half year old right now. 


Simeon is a learner.  He loves to know how things work, why they work, when they work, and how long. He doesn't talk about much but he will sit and study something for a long time. If you know my husband then you just thought to yourself "just like his dad."  Simeon is very much like Abel in 90% of his personality.  I am quite positive we have a little engineer on our hands.


Because they enjoy the same things, Simeon is obsessed with hanging out with Abel.  Our kids totally scored with Abel as a dad. Abel wants to hang out with them just as much as they want to hang out with him.  Abel will mow the lawn (with a push mower) while holding Simeon just because he know how much Simeon loves mowers.  Abel also took Simeon fishing for the first time over Easter - which they loved. My husband is a rock star and my kids adoration of him is proof.  



Simeon loves to paint and create.  He used to color with regular ole crayons but I let him paint this canvas for our playroom one day and now the crayons are chopped liver.  Who wants to color when you can get messy in the paint?

 

I know this seems trivial but "Chockit Juice" aka : a little bit of chocolate almond milk with a lot of white milk is his favorite drink and will beg and beg until he gets a huge glass full.  Seriously, he was just on the phone talking to my parents and I am pretty sure he told them he was having chocolate milk, no less than 10 times.  The boy is obsessed.  

He also eats granola bars like they are going out of style.  Toddler crack, I tell ya.    Every morning he runs into my room and the first thing out of his mouth is that he wants a snack -  which means a granola bar.  I'm pretty sure he has dreams about them because he can't even say "good morning mom" before he says "snack".  Rude.





Trucks. Cars. Buses. Dump Trucks. Excavators. Bull Dozers.  If he sees one of the aforementioned, his eyes light up and he is glued and will talk about them for hours afterwards.  Thank goodness we live in a city that has lots of construction, making our car trips extra fun. I have learned more about front end loaders in the past 6 months than I have my whole life. Heck, I didn't even know what a front end loader was 6 months ago, let alone tell you what it does.  I can also sing you every song off www.twentytrucks.com ..."this is the work I really love because that's what an excavator does..."  Clearly I need help.  Any who, the boy loves trucks.  It's been fun watching him discover his likes and dislikes and  trucks are a major like.



Simeon has loved his beloved blanket since the beginning of time but has now affectionately named it "deedle deedle".  I have no clue how that name came to be, but it stuck.  Two year olds are weird. But so so fun.



If Simeon can jump off of something, he will.  He jumps off everything and anything.  It scares the mess out of most people but I have gotten used to it.  He is all boy all of the time.


Potty training.  
We tackled potty training back in January and he did amazingly well.  He can go all day without an accident but we still haven't braved naps or bed time yet without a diaper - mainly because that's the only time he goes #2.  Homeboy will be fine all.day.long but lay him down for a nap and BAM! he goes #2.  My mom says it's because you can't poop and run - and he is running all of the time.  Or jumping - but you can't poop and jump either.  Hopefully, he figures it all out soon but I am in no rush.  Those two diapers a day make him still feel like my baby.  Which I secretly love.  
The poop though... not so much. 


He is a tenderhearted little guy.  He loves his little brother to death.  He will give Asher his blanket and lamby which is the ultimate act of love on his part.  As busy as he is, his heart is just so soft and sweet.  My favorite is when he comes up and gives me a kiss on the cheek for no reason but that he wants to.  He knows how to melt my heart that is for sure.  





Simeon has such a big personality.  He is seriously one of my favorite people to be around, and I don't even think I am being bias when I say that.  He has this zest for life that I wish I could have.  





I never thought I would enjoy toddlerhood as much as I do.  I always thought I was a baby person - and then I had a toddler. While I do still love the little baby snuggles, this toddler thing a blast! He keeps me on my toes but it's the best type of busy that I have ever been.



Abel and I were just sitting around a few days ago talking about how he was starting to really look like a big boy.  His babyness is slowly fading and it truly happened in the blink of an eye.  


We absolutely love and adore you Simeon Kade! You are the biggest blessing and such a great addition to our family.  My heart could just burst when I think about how much I love you little man.  As always, I am so thankful the Lord chose me to be your momma.  

1 comment:

  1. he's the cutest! and he's making me miss ry's long hair :(

    ReplyDelete

Friendly comments only please!