April 27, 2014

Asher Cannon {6 Months}


Half of a year has gone by since you entered our lives, Asher bear.  And in those six months you have brought us more joy than we could have ever imagined.  Your little personality continues to amaze me each and every day.  You are quiet and content, giving huge gummy grins at anyone who will look your way.  More recently you found your voice and will sit and babble for 20 minutes at a time - chatting away with your toys like old pals.  


 At your six month well child check you were 14 pounds 3oz and 26 inches long.  Since the beginning you have been super long and lean.  We are trying our hardest to fatten you up a little bit by adding an extra bottle every night and recently adding solids.  So far you have had sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peas, and prunes.  The sweets seem to be your favorite and I don't blame you - I have a big sweet tooth myself.


 You and Simeon are the best of buds.  You think he is hilarious and will crack up at all of his silly little antics - which of course, he eats right up.  I pray that y'all always have fun playing together and that you always adore each other like you do now.  Being a boy mom is pretty cool stuff.


One of your biggest milestones to hit this month was sitting up.  You still topple over every once in a while, but can sit there for quite a while before getting tired and falling over or laying down.  Now that you can sit up, you have had fun exploring bigger toys.  We have both had fun playing and learning together these past few days.  You also seem to like reading - well, flipping the pages.  I am so eager to see what your interests are as you get bigger.  Will you like trucks and cars like Simeon?  Will you think basketballs, baseballs, and footballs are more fun?  We will have time for all that fun later, but for now, I'm happy to sit and play with the elephant that pops balls up in the air with you.


The picture below pretty much describes you at 6 months old.  Cracking a huge smile with spit up running down your legs.  We think you are pretty perfect.


And of course, just as snap the last of your 6 month picture just as I am looking at the pictures on my camera - I look over and see you doing this.

On all fours rocking back and forth trying to crawl!  I quickly put my camera back in shooting mode and tried to get a few pics - and proceeded to plead with you to at least wait one more month before you became fully mobile.  Because momma is so.not.ready.  Why can't you just stay my baby forever?


You are one big ball of fun, Asher Cannon.  You completed a part of our family that we didn't know was missing until you were here.  Happy 1/2 Birthday Little Man.
You are so loved.


3 comments:

  1. Awww!!! Just.So.Precious!!!! Thanks for the post! :) :) :) My little guy is 9 months already and I'm practically crying :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! Just.So.Precious!!!! Thanks for the post! :) :) :) My little guy is 9 months already and I'm practically crying :(.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly comments only please!